When Would We Need to File a Lawsuit?
Even after carefully assessing your potential case value, a Garden Grove personal injury attorney cannot guarantee that the insurance company will settle. If no settlement is reached, you may need to file a lawsuit. Your Garden Grove personal injury lawyer can advise you about the best time to file suit. He may wish to file right away if there is no common ground with the insurance company regarding case value. Your attorney may also suggest waiting to see if the insurance representative will come around with a more reasonable offer.
Why Wouldn’t the Insurance Company Want to Settle?
As your Garden Grove personal injury attorney will explain, there are a variety of reasons an insurance company might reject a settlement in favor of a lawsuit. Some of these reasons might include:
- Common ground on case value cannot be established between the insurance company and your Garden Grove personal injury attorney.
- The insurance company blames you or someone else for your injuries.
- There is a company policy to deny claims.
- The insurance adjuster tries to use stalling tactics in order to delay settlement of your claim.
- The insurance company attempts to deny the existence or severity of your injury.
Your Garden Grove personal injury attorney can fully advise you of the next steps to take if a lawsuit must be filed in your case. If your case must proceed to court, your Garden Grove personal injury lawyer will file suit on your behalf against the person who injured you, not the insurance company itself (unless the party at fault was uninsured or underinsured).
Contact a Garden Grove Personal Injury Attorney for Legal Assistance
Your personal injury attorney can answer your settlement negotiation and lawsuit questions more fully. Schedule an appointment today with an experienced Garden Grove personal injury attorney by contacting the Law Offices of Arthur R. Hausmann at 949-263-1057. The initial consultation is free.